EDI Software Trends: The Future of EDI
EDI has been a staple for B2B communication for decades. Where’s it headed? What does the future hold?
SelectHub has written an article on this topic. They interviewed half a dozen EDI thought leaders, including Orderful’s CEO.
Some key takeaways from the article are:
- Large companies are considering moving to in-house EDI processing due to complexity.
- Small businesses continue to grapple with supplier demands as new technology proliferates.
- An estimated 95% of EDI requires custom code, leading to high maintenance costs and a movement towards a common API.
- The EDI market is expected to reach $5.9 billion by the year 2025, but is aging rapidly, leading to an IT skills shortage.
- Up to 41 percent of companies don’t use EDI, but the PEPPOL protocol could change that.
< Back to Media & Press
To read the full article, click here.